Sunday, July 15, 2012

From the mouth of Neena

Neena's last day was Friday. This is kind of one if the first big transitions for Jake as Neena has been with us since he was 4 months old. Below is what she pit together to bring Angela up to speed. She did this all on her own, we hadn't requested it. You can tell how much she cares about them...

Jake and Harper Run-down
Jake is usually up when I get there, but if not, when he wakes up, he immediately gets dressed (he can dress himself as long as you lay his clothes out the right way for him). He has breakfast right away (usually oatmeal), and can play a game or two while it's being made and cooling down (he can feed himself, but he'll probably ask you to feed him). He cannot have the tv on until he has breakfast and cleans up whatever games he was playing with, and only gets it on for a short time- Nick Jr channel 120 or Sprout 119

Harper is usually awake for about 2 hours after waking up in the morning before she's ready for a short morning nap. I try to feed her some of her baby food (in the freezer) before a bottle first thing in the morning (she LOVES her carrots)

If we don't have any classes to get to, we are usually out of the house by 10
Lunch sometime around 11-12ish
Nap time works best between 12:45 and 1:45 (some days don't work out that well), some Fridays he has a class from 1-2:30, and I just make sure to talk to him about having to go down straight for a nap as soon as we get home from class.

Jake watches Caillou before nap time: On Demand, Kids, Sprout, Caillou- then any of the programs, they are about 1/2 hr long, and he knows it's nap time as soon as it's over. When I put him down, he changes into a diaper or pull up, noise maker and fan on, always has to wear socks, and then I sing him 2 songs: Itsy Bitsy Spider and Twinkle, Twinkle. He also gets 2 trains, and I usually tell him that if I have to come in there, he will have his trains taken away. He usually always takes a nap, but if he doesn't, he knows he has to have 2 hrs of quiet time. (Please, feel free to create your own routine with him)

Harper generally takes a really good nap around the same time as Jake. I put her in her crib with her noise maker on and prop her bottle with her blanket, and she passes out for about the same amount of time as Jake.

When Jake wakes up, he always says "I wanna get out please..." and he's pretty much ready to get up right away. I always lay his undies on his bed in the right direction and he'll change from his diaper into his undies.

We usually go for a bike ride or a walk to the LaPorte park after nap time

Jake's Favorite Places/Things

Some of his favorite things to eat are: oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter and honey (he'll eat it with jelly, but he prefers honey), cheez its, quesadillas, black beans, string cheese. He pretty much will eat all fruits, and just about anything you bring for lunch.

Places to eat: Qdoba- kids naked burrito w/black beans, rice, chicken, cheese and sour cream. La Luz- kid's quesadilla, and he usually shares whatever naked burrito I would get. Subway-flatbread sandwich with turkey, shredded cheese, tomatoes, black olives and a little mayo. Chicken and fries from anywhere.

He's pretty good about telling you what he wants to eat as long as you give him a few choices, whether it be going somewhere or eating lunch at home.
For a snack, he usually has a string cheese, fruit or cheez its...taking cheez its and water/milk with you where ever you go will save you every time!

Some of his favorite places: City Park, Spring Canyon Park (it has a water park that he loves), Oak St Fountains, the Library and library park, LaPorte Park, Pump It Up, Jumpin, Cool Beans, The Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment