Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mimi's weekend with the kids...

This is Mimi's wrap up of the weekend. Thank you Mimi!

Hi,
It took over 2 hours to get to south Denver this morning. They were running very late and I had to wait also, so all worked out. I like Angela and she is quite knowledgeable.

Harper is a feisty little girl. I did find food she likes, yougurt, fruit and vegi foils. She did not like bananas when I tried them, but the next time she may feel differently. It took me awhile to figure out what she was complaining about and she is vocal with complaints. She does like peas and she likes the foils after they have been out of the frig for a bit. Last night she went to bed at 7pm and was still asleep when I left, but beginning to awaken. I found a bigger bottle and easier nipple and she took 6 ounces the two bottles before bedtime. I do hope her diaper rash is okay. I slathered her with desitin before bed and after bath. She did have some diarrhea, or very loose stools. She is also a movin girl. She loves being on her tummy.

Jake was delightful. It is hard to give him the attention he deserves while trying to keep her safe. We watered and played soccer. He loved the balloon game. It is good for inside and I will be sending some so he can continue playing. When Jim and Bonnie came by Jim taught him some techniques. He also ate well. He does like his vegies, especially tomatoes and broccoli. The broccoli is as described and required little cooking. We had long conversations about the fire alarm. He is quite concerned about the noise and what it means. I read the Bear book many times. Laurie came over Sunday night and things were definitely easier. I feel incompetent not being able to handle two, but I am getting older and things take longer, and their needs are so different.

I do hope you both had a good weekend. Glad I could help. Hope the comments from Jake are okay.


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment